Midge's Journal- Dream
- Choose preferred stencil and create pattern on matboard journal cover using modeling paste. Let dry, or use heat gun.
- Using Gelatos, color front and back cover of book in desired pattern. (Also color the tabs and name plates that you want to use.) It is okay to color right over modeling paste.
- Use a small amount of water and a cloth or paint brush to blend the Gelato Colors. Let dry, or use heat gun.
- Stamp chosen sentiment on cover using white ink.
- Using gold ink, highlight the patterns created with modeling paste. Simply rub ink pad over raised surfaces. (Use paint brush apply ink if desired.)
- Ink edges of journal insert pages with gold ink.
- Use gold spritz and gently mist chosen embellishment (butterfly). Let dry, then adhere to journal cover.
- Adhere nameplates and tabs to desired insert pages.
- Use desired stamps with gold ink and metallic markers to add detail to insert pages.
- Bind book with gold cording and white ribbon. Add embellishments to binding if desired. (Tassels, antique buttons, etc;)
Teresa Collins ™ Modeling Paste
Faber Castell Gelatos®
Teresa Collins ™ Colorbox ®Gold ink
CTMH White ink pad
Heidi Swapp ™ Gold spray mist
Recollections ™ Cream Cardstock
Beacon Adhesives- Quick Grip
White Ribbon- Generic
Gold Cording- Generic
Tools: (list 1 per line)
Madge's Journal- Hello Beautiful
- Trace the Journal onto pattern paper. Mod Podge® the pattern paper to the matboard. Allow time to dry.
- Rip pieces of the dictionary page, Collage Paper- paint strips, and faces (placing the face in the bottom right corner) and Mod Podge ® to the journal.
- Watercolor the Collage Paper, Dictionary Paper, and White Matboard embellishments using the Clearsnap Colorbox ® INK Premium Dye Mini Ink Pads (load brush with ink, dip brush into small amount of water, paint onto journal)
- Paint the edges of the Journal with DecoArt Acrylic Bubblegum paint.
- Embellish front and back cover as desired. Adding Butterfly Rub-Ons, Sequins, Tab, Book Closure, Wood Circle Embellishment, Metal Frame, and Flowers.
- Using Jute, bind book together. Add colored elastic and metal embellishment.
- Cut 10 pieces of pattern paper to measure 8.5” x 7.25” fold in half. Round the two outside corners and ink the edges with the Clearsnap Colorbox ® INK Mudpie. Add to the inside of the book.
- Punch a hole in the front and back cover, add elastic to tie book together.
Clearsnap- ColorBox® INK Premium Dye Mini Inkpads- Aqua, Carrot, Mud Pie, Jelly, Poppy
American Crafts- Jane Davenport Mixed Media- JD MM Rub-Ons Neutrals, JD MM Collage Paper, JD MM Paper Pad Fancy Pants- Pattern Paper
Plaid- Mod Modge®
Graphic 45- Butterfly Rub-ons
DecoArt- Bubblegum Acrylic Paint
Beacon Adhesives- Mixed Media Glue
Tim Holtz ®- Wood Embellishment
Metal Embellishments- Generic
Ribbons and Fibers- Generic
Dictionary Page- Generic
Elastic- Pink and Turquoise Generic
Water- small cup
Tools: (list 1 per line)